The company in brief
The General Company for the Construction of Administrative Centers is one of the national companies authorized by the General People’s Committee Decision No. (7) for the year 1423 AD (1994). After the issuance of this decision, the legal procedures related to its establishment were started of which
Issuing the license to practice the profession of contracting and public works and registering them with the competent authorities. The company is listed in the Commercial Register as required by the Commercial Law and its regulations in force under No. 302 and the date of establishment referred by the General People’s Committee for Economy and Trade No. 268 of the year 1424 (1995).
The company carries out its activities in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial Law with a capital of Fifteen Million Libyan Dinar (LD 15 million) in 2004. The company’s decision of establishment allows the company to execute projects in its field of competence for other administrative and legal entities. In order to achieve its objectives, the decision of its establishment allowed participation with other national and foreign companies and establishments which carries out acts similar to those of its activities or which cooperate in achieving its objectives within or outside the Libyan State or to attach thereto.
In addition, the decision of the establishment directly authorized the importation of the tools and equipment necessary for its work, in addition to the decisions of the General People’s Committee regarding restricting the importation of certain goods and goods to public institutions and companies referred to in the resolution.
The company has been active since its establishment to date and has contributed effectively to the success and implementation of the urban development plans witnessed by Libya. During its 22 years of operation, the company has implemented more than 100 projects with a total value of LD 605 million. In addition the company has implemented (29) more Project with a total value of about 1628 million Libyan dinars.